Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Clemson Tigers Predictions
There aren’t many teams in the country that boast an undefeated record over Ohio State, but Clemson one of them. The Tigers hold a 3-0 edge over the Buckeyes including bowl victories in 2014 and 2016. Can Ohio State head coach Ryan Day accomplish what his predecessors were unable to do? Clemson has opened as a -2 favorite over the Buckeyes in the 2019 Fiesta Bowl from State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (243) Clemson Tigers -2 vs. (244) Ohio State Buckeyes (o/u 63.5)
Date/Time: Saturday, December 28 at 8:00 p.m. EDT
No one finishes the season quite like the Clemson Tigers. Dabo Swinney’s squad finished the regular season on a 7-1 run against the spread. Last season, the Tigers ended the year on a 8-1-1 run against the spread. In 2017, they finished the year on a 4-1 run against the spread. The Tigers are the first team since 1996 to hold all of its regular season opponents under 300 total yards. Only two of Clemson’s opponents have scored more than 14 points this season: North Carolina in the regular season, and Virginia in the ACC Championship Game. Ohio State’ defense led the country in opponent’s yards per play (Clemson was No. 2).
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Clemson went 10-2 against the spread vs. FBS opponents this season.
- Ohio State has been an underdog once in the last three seasons: A 23-point win vs. Michigan last year.
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!