Updated Alamo Bowls Odds: Utah -7 /55
Texas Longhorns vs. Utah Utes Predictions
From the cusp of the College Football Playoff…To the Alamo Bowl. How will Utah head coach Kyle Whittigham get his team to respond after dropping the Pac-12 title game to Oregon? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Texas vs. Utah predictions.
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (261) Texas Longhorns +7 vs. (262) Utah Utes (o/u 55)
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 31 at 7:30 p.m. EDT
This is a spot where Tom Herman has thrived in the past. The Longhorns were 14-point underdogs to Georgia in last year’s Sugar Bowl and led the game wire-to-wire in a 28-21 win. Early indications are that Utah will have its full compliment of players for the Alamo Bowl, but maybe not their full compliment of fans. Utah and the Pac-12 have refused to announce how many tickets they’ve sold for the game, which is a pretty clear indication that the answer is “not many.” This should be a virtual home game for the Longhorns. Will that help motivate the Utes? After breaking several records during the regular season, Utah running back Zack Moss will be looking to break the school’s all-time record for most all-purpose yards.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Tom Herman is 15-5 against the spread in his last 20 games as an underdog.
- Herman is 3-0 straight-up and against the spread in bowl games.
- Kyle Whittingham is 8-4 against the spread in bowl games.
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!