Updated Liberty Bowls Odds: Navy -2.5 / 52.5
Kansas State Wildcats vs. Navy Midshipmen Predictions
Over the last two decades, the Liberty Bowl has been one of the best under-the-radar bowl games in regards to attracting interesting matchups. Four of the last five and 12 of the last 15 Liberty Bowls have been decided by eight points or fewer (Courtesy College Football News). Can the Wildcats and Midshipmen keep the run going in Memphis? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Kansas State vs. Navy predictions.
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (257) Kansas State Wildcats +2.5 vs. (258) Navy Midshipmen (o/u 52)
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 31 at 3:45 p.m. EDT
While Kansas State isn’t a triple-option team like Navy, their statistical profiles are eerily similar. K-State is No. 2 in the country in red-zone scoring percentage. Navy is No. 3. When they get inside the opponent’s 20, both teams are very efficient. K-State is No. 6 in the country in time of possession (33:39) and Navy is No. 11 (32:59). Both teams enjoy a slow pace on offense with long, methodical drives. No one comes close to Navy’s 86.7-percent rushing rate, but K-State is still in the top-20. These two teams were built under the same philosophies: Run the ball, don’t turn it over, and be efficient with your opportunities.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Navy has covered the spread in each of their last five bowl games.
- Kansas State went 6-1 against the spread as an underdog this season with five outright victories.
- Dating back to last season, Navy is 13-3 against the spread in their last 16 games.
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!