The fact that two SEC schools earned trips to the College Football Playoff Championship resulted in the Monday night event being the hottest sports ticket in years. Traditional college football power Alabama Crimson Tide (-3.5, 44.5) squares off against not only the Georgia Bulldogs player personnel but a passionate fan base playing for a national title in its home state. College Football National Championship Game Props.
ESPN published an early morning report about Bama and Georgia arriving early for Monday night’s title showdown in Atlanta. “The bus ride for No. 3 Georgia was about 75 minutes from its campus in Athens to the capital city. No. 4 Alabama spent less time than that in the air, flying from Tuscaloosa to what has become something of a home away from home for the Crimson Tide.”
The Associated Press reported that “the Bulldogs and Tide made triumphant returns to Atlanta on Friday, both looking for their second victories of the season at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The Southeastern Conference rivals play for the College Football Playoff national championship on Monday night.”
Dogs head coach Kirby Smart has returned Georgia to college football elite and aims to end a 37-year national championship drought.
While it was just a half-decade ago, 2012, that found Georgia a half-a-first-down from defeating rival Alabama and reaching the BCS championship it seems an eternity since Georgia has been relevant when comparing the amateur football blue-bloods.
It is fair to state that the Bulldogs will have a fan base and home field edge in this matchup. Just a few weeks ago Georgia found victory in Atlanta with a win in the SEC championship game over Auburn.
Alabama is making its third straight appearance in the four-year old College Football Playoff national championship game while Georgia makes their debut in the new NCAA format.
Both teams arrived in Atlanta on Friday and only the Bulldogs were greeted at the team hotel by their fan faithful.
- Crimson Tide are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 neutral site contests.
- The Bulldogs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 bowl/postseason events.
- Bulldogs are 4-0 ATS overall in their last 4 games.
- Georgia is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 neutral site contests.
- The UNDERDOG is 4-0 ATS in the last four games between these two SEC schools.
- OVER the TOTAL is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings between the two foes.
The Las Vegas SuperBook, WestGate, has updated their CFP Championship Propositions.
College Football National Championship Game Props
Latest posts by Tony Finn (see all)
- 2018 College Football Regular Season Team Win Totals (August 15) - August 15, 2018
- 2018 NFL Total Regular Season Wins (South Point / August 14) - August 14, 2018
- MLB Preview and Free Pick: Cardinals vs Nationals - August 13, 2018