Last Updated on
Nevada Wolfpack vs. Ohio Bobcats Predictions
Everyone remembers the Clemson-Alabama classics and Michigan’s endless struggles, but the most-dominant team in bowl season over the past couple years has come from the MAC. The Ohio Bobcats have won their two bowl games by a combined score of 68-6. Can they add another Mountain West victim to their list of bowl squashes? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Ohio vs. Nevada predictions.
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (275) Ohio Bobcats -8 vs. (276) Nevada Wolfpack (o/u 59)
Date/Time: Friday, January 3 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
Nevada got out-scored by 10.8 points per game this season, which was No. 114 in the country. Their five losses came by 71, 51, 26, 28, and 3 points. So if you like Ohio in this contest, it might not be a bad idea to take a chance on a couple alternate lines. But if this game does get tight, don’t discredit Nevada’s ability to perform well under pressure. The Wolfpack went 5-1 in games decided by seven points or less, and they have one of the country’s best kickers in Brandon Talton. The key to this game will be third down efficiency for both teams. Ohio is No. 5 in the country, converting 50.0-percent of its third down opportunities this year. Nevada is No. 97 at 35.8-percent. Nevada has lost 11-straight games at Boise’s Albertsons Stadium.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Ohio is 5-2 against the spread in their last seven bowl appearances.
- Ohio went 2-7 against the spread as a favorite this season.
- All three of Nevada’s FBS non-conference games went over the total (65, 83, and 58 points).
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!