Iowa State vs. Louisiana Betting Preview
Hat tip to Matt Campbell for scheduling this one. What better way to prepare for the run-and-gun Big XII than by scheduling an opening date with one of the country’s hottest offenses. Following an 11-win season last year, the Ragin Cajuns head north to take on the Cyclones. Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Iowa State vs. Louisiana preview, in addition to other college football predictions for this upcoming weekend.
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (415) Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns +11.5 at (416) Iowa State Cyclones (o/u 56.5)
Date/Time: Saturday, September 12 at 12:00 p.m. EDT
Head Coach Billy Napier has built an offensive juggernaut at Louisiana. The Ragin Cajuns scored 35+ points nine times last season, including 77 against Texas Southern, 53 against Troy and 48 against Coastal Carolina. Louisiana was No. 4 in the the country in rushing offense last year, generating 6.0 yards per carry. Iowa State’s defense allowed 200+ rushing yards to three of their final five opponents last year.
But the Cyclones have some offensive firepower of their own. Quarterback Brock Purdy set Iowa State’s single-season records in passage yardage (3,982), passing touchdowns (27), completions (312), total offense (4,231) and 300-yard passing games (6) (Courtesy KFLY).
This point spread range was a sweet spot for college football bettors last year. Favorites between 7-13.5 points went 126-79-12 against the spread last season, including 69-44-7 against the spread at home.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Louisiana is 7-2-1 against the spread in their last ten games as an underdog .
- Louisiana is 16-7-2 against the spread in their last 25 games.
- Iowa State is 3-8 against the spread as a home favorite since 2018.
Louisiana at Iowa State Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!