Happy Valley. Night game. White Out. ESPN’s College Gameday. It doesn’t get much better than this. Can James Franklin’s Nittany Lions continue their hot start to the season against the visiting Wolverines? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Michigan at Penn State preview.
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (421) Michigan Wolverines +9 at (422) Penn State Nittany Lions (o/u 46.5)
Date/Time: Saturday, October 19 at 7:30 p.m. EDT
There’s been nearly a two-touchdown adjustment in this game from the Golden Nugget’s Game of the Year market over the summer. The Nugget installed Michigan as a -4.5 favorite in this contest when they released their opening lines. It’s been the perfect storm of Penn State exceeding their preseason expectations, while the Wolverines have failed to meet theirs. But despite all of that, Michigan still controls its destiny in the Big Ten. If Coach Harbaugh’s squad can find a way to defeat the Whiteout, Michigan’s next three conference opponents are Maryland, Michigan State, and Indiana. That’s a pretty forgiving slate before the Wolverines host Ohio State. Michigan’s Big Ten goals are still firmly within their reach.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Michigan is 1-8 against the spread in their last nine road games.
- The margin of victory in this series over the past three years has been 35, 29 and 39 points (all by the home team).
Michigan at Penn State Preview, Prediction and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real-time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last-Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!