The Penn State Nittany Lions have a 39-2-1 advantage in this regional rivalry, but this one feel a little different. Terps coach Mike Locksley has installed a new sense of confidence into College Park this year. More than 14,000 Maryland students requested tickets for this game, which is the most in school history. The athletic department is adding temporary bleachers to its student section to accommodate the demand. But will that be enough to knock off the visitors from Happy Valley?
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (107) Penn State Nittany Lions -6.5 at (108) Maryland Terrapins (o/u 60)
Date/Time: Friday, September 27 at 8:00 p.m. EDT
Maryland quarterback Josh Jackson and running back Anthony McFarland have added a spark to the Terps’ offense that hasn’t been there since they joined the Big Ten. Can the Nittany Lions’ defense force Jackson to beat them through the air? Penn State is allowing an average of 2.5 yards per carry so far this season.
This game will never get the national attention of Oklahoma-Texas or Michigan-Ohio State, but don’t underestimate the fierceness of this rivalry. This is an important game when it comes to attracting recruits from the Maryland/DC/Virginia area. James Franklin got his coaching career started at Maryland. The Terps infamously refused to shake hands prior to the 2014 game in State College. Since then, Penn State has won four-straight in the series, including wins by 24, 63, and 35 points.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Maryland is 7-2 against the spread in its last nine home games.
- Penn State is 7-4 against the spread as a road favorite since 2016.
- Penn State has covered the spread in each of the last three meetings of this series.
WagerTalk TV Preview: Penn State Nittany Lions at Maryland Terrapins
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!