Alabama vs. Texas A&M Predictions and Betting Preview
Right side, wrong result. After dominating the first half against Missouri, the only question for Alabama bettors last week was, “When will Coach Saban take his foot off the gas?” Unfortunately for those with Crimson Tide point spread tickets, the answer was “too soon.” Last week’s non-cover against the Tigers dropped Alabama’s point spread record to 21-22-1 in their last 44 games. Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Alabama vs. Texas A&M preview, in addition to other college football predictions for this upcoming weekend.
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (143) Texas A&M Aggies +18 at (144) Alabama Crimson Tide (o/u 52.5)
Date/Time: Saturday, October 3 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
Bettors are struggling to process Texas A&M’s performance last week against Vanderbilt. Did Jimbo Fisher purposely run a vanilla gameplan to keep things under wraps for this week? Or is that what the Aggies are going to look like this year? A&M faithful have been waiting for Kellen Mond to “take the next step” for years, and last week’s opener against the Commodores wasn’t promising. Mond was sacked five times in last year’s 47-28 Tide victory.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Texas A&M is 6-3 against the spread as a visitor under Jimbo Fisher.
- Home favorites of 14-20 points are 4-9 against the spread so far this season.
- Nick Saban is 19-0 straight-up at Alabama when facing a former assistant coach.
- Alabama went 1-3 against the spread in their four home conference games last season.
Alabama vs. Texas A&M Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!