In a week where there aren’t many marquee matchups outside of Auburn vs. Florida, this Friday night AAC clash between the UCF Knights and Cincinnati Bearcats may turn out to be one of the best games of the weekend. Can Luke Fickell’s squad gain revenge for last year’s debacle in Orlando?
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (307) UCF Knights -3.5 at (308) Cincinnati Bearcats (o/u 60.5)
Date/Time: Friday, October 4 at 8:00 p.m. EDT
Cincinnati entered last year’s contest with a 9-1 record, but got embarrassed by the Knights 38-13. Bearcats quarterback Desmond Ritter finished the game 11-of-26 for only 127 passing yards. UCF is lighting up the scoreboard once again, but look at who those four victories have come against: Florida A&M, Florida Atlantic, UConn and a Stanford team that might struggle to win more than a single game in the Pac-12. In their only road test of the season, the Knights dropped a tight contest to Pitt.
The key to this game is whether or not UCF can jump out to an early lead. Cincinnati wants to run the ball and their run-pass ratio over the past two seasons is in the neighborhood of 2-to-1. But if UCF jumps out to a two-score lead like they did last season, that run-the-ball gameplan goes out the window. The longer that Cincinnati can stay within striking range, the longer they can stay within their comfort zone of running the ball and playing great defense.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- UCF is 8-2 against the spread as a road favorite since 2016.
- UCF has won and covered the last three meetings in this series.
- UCF has scored 30+ points in each of their last 31 games.
WagerTalk TV Preview: UCF Knights vs. Cincinnati Bearcats
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!