Miami at Louisville Betting Preview
They will never be on the field at the same time, but Saturday night’s Louisville vs. Miami contest should be billed as D’Eriq King vs. Micale Cunningham. The two dynamic quarterbacks will have the spotlight on Saturday night in an important early-season ACC matchup. Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Louisville vs. Miami preview, in addition to other college football predictions for this upcoming weekend.
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (115) Miami Hurricanes +2.5 at (116) Louisville Cardinals (o/u 64.5)
Date/Time: Saturday, September 19 at 7:30 p.m. EDT
Louisville has had this one circled on the calendar for a while. Cunningham and star OT Mekhi Becton (first-round pick in April’s NFL Draft) both got knocked out of last year’s game against Miami. Former Hurricanes QB Jarren Williams threw a school-record six touchdowns against the Cardinals in that contest. Louisville would certainly like to extract a little bit of revenge for that performance. Dating back to his days at Appalachian State, Louisville head coach Scott Satterfield’s teams are 17-8-1 against the spread.
Miami’s offense was uninspiring in their opener against UAB, but the playbook was very vanilla. King only threw for 144 yards, but the Hurricanes were making a concerned effort to get the running attack going and keep everyone healthy against an inferior opponent. First-year offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee will certainly look to expand his playbook this week against the Cardinals.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Miami went 3-0 against the spread as an underdog last season, but is 12-19 against the spread in their last 31 games.
- Louisville is 5-2 against the spread at home under HC Satterfield.
- The under is 27-13 in Miami’s games since 2017.
Louisville Cardinals vs. Miami Hurricanes Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!