Texas Longhorns vs. UTEP Miners Betting Preview
“Texas is back.” Those words have been spoken a lot over the last decade. Is this the year that the Longhorns capture their first Big XII championship since 2009? The road to AT&T Stadium begins on Saturday afternoon as Texas takes on an in-state foe. Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Texas vs. UTEP preview, in addition to other college football predictions for this upcoming weekend.
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (417) UTEP Miners +43 at (418) Texas Longhorns (o/u 58)
Date/Time: Saturday, September 12 at 8:00 p.m. EDT
Here’s something that doesn’t get said a lot: UTEP enters this game off a win. The Miners knocked off FCS opponent Stephen F. Austin last week, and have a little pep in their step. Texas returns nine starters on a defense that was decimated by injuries at times last season. The Longhorns showed what they were capable of when fully healthy when they beat Utah 38-10 in the Alamo Bowl last year. Former Rutgers head coach Chris Ash has taken over as the defensive coordinator at Texas. Senior quarterback Sam Ehlinger looks to get his final season in Austin off on the right foot.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Dating back to 2015 when he was at Houston, Tom Herman’s teams are 8-18-1 against the spread as a home favorite.
- Texas is 8-3 against the spread in their last 11 non-conference games.
- UTEP is 10-26 against the spread since 2017.
- UTEP is 2-10 against the spread in their last 12 non-conference games.
Texas Longhorns vs. UTEP Miners Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!