Giants vs Dodgers Betting Preview
- The San Francisco Giants (63-37) will host the Los Angeles Dodgers (61-41) at Oracle Park on Wednesday night at 9:45pm ET.
- Two right-hand starting pitchers will take the mound tonight with Walker Buehler (10-1, 2.31 ERA) getting the call for the Dodgers, while the Giants send Anthony DeSclafani (10-4, 2.87 ERA) to the bump.
- At Circa Sports in Las Vegas, the Dodgers opened as a -146 road favorite with the total at 7.5 runs (-110 each way).
- The season series between these two teams is locked at 7-7 with the Giants holding a three-game lead in the standings.
|Los Angeles Dodgers||-135|
|San Francisco Giants||+125|
|Total||7.5 (-110 each way)|
|Game Time||9:45pm ET|
Giants vs Dodgers Head-to-Head
Anthony DeSclafani has been fantastic for the Giants this season, but Walker Buehler has a notable edge in the prior head-to-head meetings between these teams with these starting pitchers. Buehler has 120 plate appearances against the current Giants roster. The Giants are hitting .183 against him with a .244 weighted on-base average and a 28.3-percent strikeout rate. DeSclafani has 115 plate appearances against the current Dodgers roster. He’s allowed a .314 batting average with a .370 weighted on-base average and a 15.7-percent strikeout rate. Max Muncy has reached base in nine of his 19 plate appearances against DeSclafani with two home runs. Will Smith has reached base in six of his ten plate appearances with two home runs.
Familiarity usually benefits the hitters, and these two teams are getting quite familiar with these pitchers. This will be the fifth time in the last two months that DeSclafani and Buehler will be on the mound in this rivalry.
Buehler has been fantastic away from home this season, posting a 4-0 record with a 2.45 ERA and a 0.86 WHIP. He hasn’t allowed a home run in his last five starts. The Dodgers lead the league in on-base percentage against right-hand pitching (.344) and I do think they will have some success against DeSclafani. There’s certainly a level of distrust with Kenley Jansen and the back of the Dodgers’ bullpen, so I want to stay away from that part of the equation and focus on the first five innings. At the time of posting, Dodgers -0.5 in the first five innings is available between +105 and -105 at most shops.
MLB First Pitch
The MLB Trade Deadline is on Friday and the sprint to the playoffs has officially begun. Get MLB picks, predictions, and odds every Monday-Friday at 1:45pm ET / 10:45am PT on WagerTalk TV during First Pitch, hosted by Drew Martin.
WagerTalk Live Odds Screen
WagerTalk’s live odds screen features up-to-the-minute lines from a variety of offshore and domestic sports books. Track moneylines, runlines, team totals, first five lines and so much more from your desktop or phone.
The First Pitch Betting Guide
Each day during the MLB regular season, WagerTalk handicapper Ralph Michaels releases his First Pitch betting guide. The PDF download contains home-road splits, righty-lefty splits and a plethora of other useful betting information for that day’s starting pitcher matchup. To access the First Pitch guide, go to Ralph’s page (http://wt.buzz/rm) and find the link on the right side under Downloads. If you are already a WagerTalk user, sign into your account. If you’re not a WagerTalk subscriber, create a free account with just your email address. After you add the item to your cart, it will be available in your downloads.
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!