NFL Preseason QB Rotations
The NFL Preseason is a completely unique handicap relative to the NFL regular season and playoffs. One of the most important tools when handicapping the preseason is to know the quarterback rotations and how long each QB will be playing. Over the last six years, Ralph Michaels has been WagerTalk’s No. 1 handicapper in the NFL preseason, hitting 68.2-percent of his wagers. Ralph provides some NFL preseason betting tips to help pad your bankroll for the 2021 season.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates directly from Las Vegas!
NFL Preseason Betting Tips
1) Pay attention to motivation levels, especially with young head coaches. The NFL Preseason is the only time you can bet on a team and head coach that wants to win versus a team and head coach that are not trying to win.
2) Start with blank slate on new head coaches. You must evaluate each coach from their quotes and by learning after each game they play.
3) Pay attention to the number of quarterbacks that each team is practicing with. Teams with only three quarterbacks in camp are able to spread their practice reps and game time more effectively. Teams that have four (or more) quarterbacks in camp struggle to spread meaningful reps through out their rotation.
4) Pay attention to quarterback battles. Teams with a legitimate battle (like Denver this season) will often have those battling QB’s play more in the preseason. Knowing that a potential starter may be playing into the third quarter could present a great live-betting opportunity.
5) Look for continuity. When a team returns their head coach and all their quarterbacks, they normally have a significant edge in the preseason. The 2021 Las Vegas Raiders are the only team to return all three quarterbacks that were on the team last season.
6) Pay attention to where the rookie quarterbacks are on the depth chart. When teams have a rookie QB as their preseason No. 1 or No. 2 and have a veteran QB as their No. 3, you can usually find a live-betting advantage with that veteran quarterback. The Bears have Nick Foles listed as their No. 3 quarterback, even though he started seven games for Chicago last season. If Foles is playing in the second half, he’s likely to be much better than the opposition at that time.
Quinn w. Falcons: 1-13 SU & 1-12 ATS
Note: Quinn is gone. While an owner can have some influence in preseason records, start the slate clean with a new first time HC pic.twitter.com/q78Tjt0xNP
— Ralph Michaels (@CalSportsLV) August 8, 2021
WagerTalk’s Live Odds Screen
Since the conclusion of last season’s Super Bowl, WagerTalk has continued to improve and enhance our Live Odds screen. Bettors can view the up-to-the-minute odds from a variety of offshore and Vegas-based sports books. Color-coded alerts will let you know when and how a line has moved. Click on the individual cells to view a line history at each sports book. Interested in knowing what a point spread was on a previous game? Use the “archive” feature to find a previous matchup. View real-time odds on nearly every point spread market: Full games, first halves, first quarters, team totals and moneylines.
NFL Opening Line Report
Join Sportsmemo’s Drew Martin and Teddy Covers for the Opening Line Report every Monday afternoon as we prepare for the 2021-22 NFL season. From division odds to regular season win totals to Super Bowl futures, Drew and Teddy are locked in for the NFL offseason betting market.
Free sports picks allow you to monitor a service to see how they perform before signing up for a long term package. The reason we created our site was to provide free predictions to our visitors so they could find a handicapper that is right for them.
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!