Jacksonville vs. Indianapolis Betting Preview
Philip Rivers has traded in the Chargers’ powder blue for the royal blue of Indianapolis. The 38-year-old quarterback is looking to finish his career with a championship run in a new town, and there’s no better place to start than with a trip to the projected worst team in the NFL. Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Jacksonville vs. Indianapolis preview, in addition to other NFL Week 1 predictions for this upcoming weekend.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (467) Indianapolis Colts -8 at (468) Jacksonville Jaguars (o/u 45)
Date/Time: Sunday, September 13 at 1:00 p.m. EDT
FanDuel offers a market for the team with the worst record in the 2020 season, and Jacksonville is a pretty sizable favorite at +210. D.J. Chark Jr. has emerged as a very solid wide receiver, but outside of him, Jacksonville’s offensive depth chart is littered with unproven talents. How grim have things gotten in Jacksonville? Four defensive starters from the 2019 season are no longer with the team. Safety Ronnie Harrison, running back Leonard Fournette and cornerback Jalen Ramsey didn’t make it to the end of their rookie contracts, which is pretty unheard of in the modern NFL.
The veteran Rivers will be forced to do some teaching on a Colts team with some young offensive talent. Rookie wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr. and running back Jonathan Taylor will be expected to make some contributions, and rookie kicker Rodrigo Blankenship won the job in training camp.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Jacksonville was 3-1 against the spread when getting at least six points last year.
- Jacksonville is 8-1-1 against the spread in the last ten meetings in this series.
- Jacksonville played five games with a total of 45+ last year. The under went 4-1 in those contests.
Indianapolis Colts at Jacksonville Jaguars Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!