Through two games, I think the majority of Indianapolis Colts fans would agree that life isn’t so bad without Andrew Luck. Jacoby Brissett has led the offense effectively, and Head Coach Frank Reich has put his team in a position to win. The Colt host the visiting Atlanta Falcons in an important early-season clash between two teams looking to get over .500 on the year.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (469) Atlanta Falcons +2 at (470) Indianapolis Colts (o/u 47)
Date/Time: Sunday, September 22 at 1:00 p.m. EDT
Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan has thrown five interceptions so far this season, and that’s not a recipe for success on the road. The Colts will look to exploit an Atlanta rushing defense that allowed 172 yards to Minnesota in Week 1. The biggest question mark heading into this week’s game is kicker Adam Vinatieri. The 46-year-old has made some of the biggest kicks in NFL history, but nonetheless, Colts fans (and bettors) will be holding their breath every time he comes onto the field this week. This is Indianapolis’ first home game of the season, and the first spotlight since its fans were seen booing Andrew Luck off the field in his last appearance. There should be a little extra buzz within Lucas Oil Stadium this weekend.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Atlanta is 3-12 against the spread in their last 15 regular season road games.
- The under is 8-3 in the Colts’ last 11 games.
- There have been 14 games with a point spread of 3 or less so far this season. The underdog is 10-4 against the spread in those games.
WagerTalk TV Preview: Atlanta Falcons at Indianapolis Colts
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!