The Buffalo Bills had their toughest test of the season last week against the New England Patriots, but in many respects, this week’s contest against the Tennessee Titans is more important. Orchard Park was rocking last Sunday, but very few believe that the Bills can contend with the Patriots and Chiefs in the AFC. Tennessee, however, provides a much more meaningful test for Sean McDermott’s squad. Can the Bills avoid a letdown in Nashville after last week’s disappointment?
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (469) Buffalo Bills +3 at (470) Tennessee Titans (o/u 38.5)
Date/Time: Sunday, October 6 at 1:00 p.m. EDT
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota certainly has his limitations, but he has been stellar at protecting the ball this year. Mariota hasn’t committed a single turnover in Tennessee’s first four games. Buffalo is expected to start Matt Barkley at quarterback after Josh Allen left last week’s game with a concussion.
With such a low total and two conservative offenses, converting red zone opportunities is going to be critical. It’s a small sample size with only four games played, but both defenses are allowing a high percentage of red zone touchdowns this season (Tennessee is 27th; Buffalo is 28th). Whichever offense can capitalize on those opportunities will likely come away with a victory.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Buffalo has avoided this letdown spot in the past. The Bills are 5-1 against the spread in the week following their matchup with New England over the past three seasons.
- Buffalo is 4-0-1 against the spread in its last five road games.
WagerTalk TV Preview: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!