This wasn’t exactly the start that Anthony Lynn and the LA Chargers were looking for. In a quest to tackle the Chiefs off the AFC West mountaintop, the Chargers have gotten off to an uninspiring start. Los Angeles welcomes Deshaun Watson and the Houston Texans to town on Sunday afternoon for an important AFC clash.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (483) Houston Texans +3 at (484) LA Chargers (o/u 47.5)
Date/Time: Sunday, September 22 at 4:25 p.m. EDT
Following a lackluster home win in overtime in Week 1, the Chargers laid an egg last week in Detroit. Kicker Ty Long missed two field goals and the offense committed key turnovers through out the game. Los Angeles is already down to its third option at safety with Derwin James and Adrian Phillips out. Left tackle Russell Okung and tight end Hunter Henry are also out. Wide Receiver Mike Williams and kicker Michael Badgley are both questionable.
The biggest question mark for Houston is its ability to keep Deshaun Watson upright. The talented quarterback has been sacked 4+ times in eight-straight games. He will be facing the relentless defensive combo of Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram, who have each gotten off to relatively quiet starts to the season.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Houston is 8-3-1 against the spread in their last 12 regular season games.
- Houston’s last four road games have gone over the total.
- LA is 2-7 against the spread at home dating back to the beginning of last season.
WagerTalk TV Preview: Houston Texans at LA Chargers
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!