Tennessee Titans at Denver Broncos Betting Preview
Back to where it all began. The Tennessee Titans were in disarray last year, falling to 2-4 after getting shut out at Denver in Week 6. The Titans went on to bench Marcus Mariota, promote Ryan Tannehill, and ride the hot hand of Derrick Henry all the way to the AFC Championship Game. Will a trip to Denver in Week 1 jumpstart another good year for the Titans? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Monday Night Football preview between Denver and Tennessee, in addition to other NFL Week 1 predictions for this upcoming weekend.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (481) Tennessee Titans -2.5 at (482) Denver Broncos (o/u 41)
Date/Time: Monday, September 14 at 10:15 p.m. EDT
How quickly can Drew Lock find a groove with his young offense? The Broncos have a second-year quarterback (Lock) taking snaps from a rookie center (Lloyd Cushenberry) while throwing the ball to two rookie wide receivers (Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler) or handing the ball off to their new free agent running back (Melvin Gordon). With no formal preseason, that is a lot to ask in Week 1. The defensive line matchup in this game took a drastic swing over the last couple days as Tennessee signed free agent Jadeveon Clowney while Denver lost Vonn Miller to an ankle injury.
How quickly will Tennessee adjust to the Denver altitude? The Titans’ conditioning will surely be called into question without any preseason games this year. Denver has won seven of their last eight home openers. Teams that aren’t in top-shape at the beginning of the year have notoriously struggled with the Denver air.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Denver went 7-4 against the spread as an underdog last season, winning four games outright as an underdog.
- The over went 10-3 in Tennessee’s last 13 games in 2019 after Tannehill took over as quarterback.
Denver vs. Tennessee Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!