Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Football Betting Preview
There’s a new name and new coach in Washington…But will we see the same struggling team? Former Carolina head coach Ron Rivera has taken over the helm in the nation’s capital. After years of accumulating picks at the top of the draft, is this the year that the Washington Football Team turns the corner? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Washington vs. Philadelphia preview, in addition to other NFL Week 1 predictions for this upcoming weekend.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (463) Philadelphia Eagles -5.5 at (464) Washington Football Team (o/u 42.5)
Date/Time: Sunday, September 13 at 1:00 p.m. EDT
Eagles fans can’t be very happy with the dialogue surrounding tight end Zach Ertz on the eve of the season opener. During Thursday’s media availability, Ertz talked about his contract situation. “It’s been frustrating at times, it’s been difficult. I said all along I want be here for the long run. I don’t know if for sure that feeling is mutual. I’m going to play this year like it’s my last year.” Eeek.
In a surprising move, Washington not only named Dwayne Haskins as its starting quarterback (that’s not the surprising part), but they also named him captain in only his second year. How will the 23-year-old handle that added responsibility? He has a number of exciting young weapons. Terry McLaurin emerged as a solid WR1 option last year, and rookie running back Antonio Gibson has drawn rave reviews during training camp. So much so that the team cut former league MVP Adrian Peterson.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Washington is 2-8 against the spread in their last ten home games.
- Philadelphia has won the last six meetings in this series, covering the spread in five of them.
- Road favorites of 3.5-6.5 points went 25-14 against the spread last season.
Washington Football vs. Philadelphia Eagles Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!