Green Bay Packers vs. Seattle Seahawks Predictions
It’s no secret that the Packers have struggled for long stretches of the regular season, but nonetheless, Lambeau Field is not a place that many teams are signing up to play at in January. Can Russell Wilson continue his MVP-caliber season in the Frozen Tundra? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Green Bay vs. Seattle preview, in addition to other NFL predictions for this Division Round weekend.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (307) Seatte Seahawks +4 at (308) Green Bay Packers (o/u 47)
Date/Time: Sunday, January 12 at 6:30 p.m. EDT
Most people in the analytics community are shaking their heads, knowing that one of these two teams will be in the NFC Championship game. Green Bay’s offense gains 5.4 yards per play and defense gives up 5.7 yards per play. They earned a 13-3 record, a first round bye and a home playoff game with a -0.3 yards per play differential. The Seahawks finished the regular season with a +7 point differential over the course of the whole season, yet finished with an 11-5 record. Dallas was +113 and they missed the playoffs. Last week’s trip to Philadelphia was Seattle’s sixth trip to the Eastern time zone this season. Pete Carroll’s squad has done significantly more traveling than the rest of the teams remaining in the playoffs. Including this upcoming trip to Green Bay, the Seahawks have traveled over 35,000 miles this year, while Green Bay is in the bottom-third of the league at 13,000 miles.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Over the last 15 seasons, road underdogs are 33-26-2 against the spread in the Division Round.
- The over is 24-12 in the Division Round since 2010.
Green Bay vs. Seattle Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!