Kansas City Chiefs vs. Houston Texans Predictions
Houston has nothing to lose. Now, can we get Bill O’Brien to coach like it? After getting embarrassed in last year’s Wild Card game, this season is already considered a relative success in Houston. All of the pressure is on Kansas City to avoid getting eliminated from the playoffs at home for the fourth-straight year. Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Kansas City vs. Houston preview, in addition to other NFL predictions for this Division Round weekend.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (305) Houston Texans +9.5 at (306) KC Chiefs (o/u 51)
Date/Time: Sunday, January 12 at 3:00 p.m. EDT
Running back Carlos Hyde was traded from the Chiefs to the Texans last year. Quarterback Deshaun Watson will always be judged against Patrick Mahomes because they were drafted two spots apart. Texans’ defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel was fired by the Chiefs. Houston has plenty of motivational angles on their side. Wide receiver Will Fuller is expected to return to the lineup. JJ Watt looked better than most people expected in his return last week. The Texans have already won in Kansas City this season. All of the pressure is on the Chiefs. Mahomes is expected to receive a record-breaking contract in the offseason. This is their last opportunity to win with him on a rookie deal.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Over the last 15 seasons, road underdogs are 33-26-2 against the spread in the Division Round.
- The over is 24-12 in the Division Round since 2010.
Kansas City vs. Houston Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!