Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers Predictions
Since the NFC essentially ended in a three-way tie at the top, Minnesota has already knocked off one of the No. 1 seeds. The Vikings should be full of confidence heading into San Francisco after picking up Kirk Cousins’ first playoff win last week in New Orleans. Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their San Francisco vs. Minnesota preview, in addition to other NFL predictions for this Division Round weekend.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (301) Minnesota Vikings +7 at (302) San Francisco 49ers (o/u 44.5)
Date/Time: Saturday, January 11 at 4:30 p.m. EDT
The total at 44.5 has us scratching our chin a little bit. Minnesota’s game against the Saints closed at 50.5 at most shops. Why the six-point decrease for this one? Early weather forecasts look fine. San Francisco’s offense generates more points per game, more points per play, more yards per play, and more trips to the red zone than New Orleans. In theory, Minnesota’s defense has a tougher task this week than it did last week. The Saints left plenty of points on the board, missing an easy field goal at the end of the first half then fumbling in the redzone in the fourth quarter. The over is 8-4 in Minnesota’s last 12 games. The over is 7-2-1 in San Francisco’s last ten games.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- At least one No. 1 seed has lost in the Division Round in seven of the last 12 years.
- Over the last 15 seasons, road underdogs are 33-26-2 against the spread in the Division Round.
- The over is 24-12 in the Division Round since 2010.
San Francisco vs. Minnesota Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!