Houston Texans at Kansas City Chiefs Betting Preview
There will be football. And surprisingly, there will be fans. The Super Bowl champs will get the 2020 season started at Arrowhead on Thursday night in front of 16,000 fans. Can the Houston Texans spoil the Week 1 party? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Kansas City vs. Houston preview, in addition to other NFL Week 1 predictions for this upcoming weekend.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (451) Houston Texans +9 at (452) Kansas City Chiefs (o/u 54)
Date/Time: Thursday, September 10 at 8:00 p.m. EDT
Few teams were able to cause as much trouble for Kansas City last year than the Houston Texans. Houston dominated their 2019 regular season meeting, generating 15 more first downs and gaining 163 more yards. Houston jumped out to a 24-0 lead in their playoff meeting before Kansas City answered with 41-straight points. So the Texans know that they can compete with the Chiefs.
Without a formal preseason, every NFL team is essentially going from 0-to-100 this week. But playing Kansas City in Week 1 is essentially going from 0-to-1000. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, and Mecole Hardman could form a 4×100 relay team. How much live tackling has Houston done during training camp? How many full-speed reps do the Texans’ defensive backs have? It is extremely hard to replicate the speed that Houston is going to see on Thursday night in a practice setting.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Houston is 9-3-2 against the spread in their last 14 regular season road games.
- Houston is 8-3 against the spread in their last 11 regular season games as an underdog.
- The over is 44-23 in Kansas City’s games since 2016.
- Kansas City finished last season on a 9-0 run against the spread including 6-0 at home. But prior to that, the Chiefs were 1-8 against the spread at Arrowhead.
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Houston Texans Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!