Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions Betting Preview
After disappointing 2019 seasons in both Detroit and Chicago, the Lions and Bears will be hungry to get the 2020 season started on the right foot. Can the returning Matthew Stafford lead a turnaround against their NFC North foe? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Detroit vs. Chicago preview, in addition to other NFL Week 1 predictions for this upcoming weekend.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (465) Chicago Bears +3 at (466) Detroit Lions (o/u 44.5)
Date/Time: Sunday, September 13 at 1:00 p.m. EDT
Detroit’s win-loss record wasn’t what the Lions were hoping for, but Matthew Stafford was playing at an elite level in 2019 prior to his injury. While playing only half the season, Stafford finished No. 6 in passer rating, No. 6 in QRB, No. 2 in passing yards per game and No. 2 in yards per pass attempt.
Unfortunately for Mitchell Trubisky, injuries aren’t to blame for a disastrous 2019 season. The Bears have done everything to put (positive) pressure on Trubisky heading into this season, and by most accounts, he has responded accordingly. The Bears declined his fifth-year option, so he will be a free agent after this season. The Bears traded a fourth-round draft pick and committed $24 million to Nick Foles to push him. Trubisky has retained the starting job and has gained the attention of his teammates. But will that positivity translate into wins?
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Chicago went 1-7 against the spread in road games in 2019.
- Detroit finished last season 2-9 against the spread in their final 11 games.
- The under is 11-2 in Detroit’s last 13 home games.
Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!