Carolina vs. Las Vegas Betting Preview
The shiny new stadium will have to wait one more week. Jon Gruden’s squad will take the field as the Las Vegas Raiders for the first time this weekend, but they will do so on the road in Charlotte, North Carolina. Can they return home to Sin City with a season opening win under their belt? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Carolina vs. Las Vegas preview, in addition to other NFL Week 1 predictions for this upcoming weekend.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (459) Las Vegas Raiders -3 at (460) Carolina Panthers (o/u 47.5)
Date/Time: Sunday, September 13 at 1:00 p.m. EDT
There is no greater “new vs. continuity” matchup in Week 1 than this contest. Carolina is breaking in a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new quarterback and young players all over the defensive depth chart. Las Vegas returns its entire starting offense from last season with the exception of injured receiver Tyrell Williams, but they drafted a first round replacement in Henry Ruggs III.
The Raiders have won their season opener in three of the last four years, and in the one that they lost, they out-gained the Rams and led at halftime. Las Vegas was No. 7 in yards per pass attempt and No. 8 in yards per play last year, but was dead-last in yards per point. So they consistently moved the ball on teams, but just found comical ways to not score points.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- The under is 21-11 in Raiders’ games over the last two seasons, including 6-1 in the last seven games of 2019.
- Carolina finished last season 1-6-1 against the spread over the second half of the year.
- Carolina is 3-7-1 against the spread in their last 11 home games.
- The over was 11-5 in Carolina’s games last season.
Carolina Panthers vs. Las Vegas Raiders Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!