Last Updated on
Seattle Seahawks at Philadelphia Eagles Predictions
People like to say “Football is a game of inches,” but rarely does a game/division come down to literal inches. The Seahawks were denied the NFC West crown after falling inches short of the goal line last week against San Francisco. Will Pete Carroll be able to rally his squad for a cross-country trip to the City of Brotherly Love? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Philadelphia vs. Seattle preview, in addition to other NFL predictions for this Wild Card weekend.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (147) Seattle Seahawks -1.5 at (148) Philadelphia Eagles (o/u 45.5)
Date/Time: Sunday January 5 at 4:30 p.m. EDT
The Eagles have had some great teams over the past two decades. Most Eagles fans can still name the starting lineup from the squad that went to four-straight NFC Championship games from 2001-2004. But they’ve never fallen in love with a team quite like this before. In the Eagles’ Week 17 win over the Giants, their leading rusher was a sixth-round draft pick from Louisiana Tech. The tight end who caught a touchdown was undrafted and sat on the Eagles’ practice squad for the first three months of the season. The receiver who caught six passes was an undrafted quarterback in college who was previously waived THREE times by the Eagles before earning a roster spot in November. Doug Pederson literally took a group of practice squad players and led them to the NFC East title. If the Eagles are going to give the Philly faithful one more reason to cheer, it’s going to have to come on the strength of their defense. Philadelphia’s defense gives up 4.8 yards per play at home (No. 4 in the league), compared to 6.1 yards per play on the road (28th).
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Since 1978, home underdogs in the Wild Card round are 15-6-2 against the spread.
- Since September 2016, the under is 24-10 in Philadelphia’s home games.
Philadelphia vs. Seattle Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!