The 2016 Tour de France will essentially be a tour of central and southern France. The first two and a half days of the race, the 2nd to the 4th of July, will take place in Normandy, and the route leading the riders for the south of France.
The first day of the tour takes riders to majestic Mont Saint Michel, across the Cotentin peninsula, closing the day of racing at Utah Beach. The final stage (21st) of the Tour is three weeks after the riders wind their way through Mont Saint Michel, Sunday, July 23rd, a path that will take riders on a short stage from the smart town of Chantilly, in southern Picardy, to the traditional finish on the Champs Elysées in Paris.
Tour de France 2016 stages
• Stage 1: Mont Saint-Michel – Utah Beach – 188km
• Stage 2: Saint-Lo – Cherbourg-Octeville – 182km
• Stage 3: Granville – Angers – 222km
• Stage 4: Saumur – Limoges – 232km
• Stage 5: Limoges – Le Lioran – 216km
• Stage 6: July Arpajon-sur-Cère – Montauban – 187km
• Stage 7: L’Isle-Jourdain – Lac de Payolle – 162km
• Stage 8: Pau – Bagnères-de-Luchon – 183km
• Stage 9: Vielha Val d’Aran – Andorra-Arcalis -184km
• Rest Day: Andorra
• Stage 10: Escaldes-Engordany – Revel 198km
• Stage 11: Carcassonne – Montpellier -164km
• Stage 12: Montpellier – Mont Ventoux – 185km
• Stage 13: Bourg-Saint-Andéol – La Caverne du Pont-d’Arc – 37km – Individual time trial|
• Stage 14: Montélimar – Villars-les-Dombes – Parc des Oiseaux – 208km
• Stage 15: July Bourg-en-Bresse – Culoz -159km
•Stage 16: 18 July Moirans-en-Montagne – Bern – 206km
• Rest Day 2: Bern
• Stage 17: Bern – Finhaut Émosson -184k
• Stage 18: Sallanches – Megève – 17 km – Individual time trial
• Stage 19: Albertville – Saint-Gervais-les-Bains -146km
• Stage 20: Megève – Morzine – 146km
• Stage 21: Chantilly – Paris – 113km
William Hill US in Las Vegas has updated their odds charts that include the 10 most popular cycling futures and a chart that outlines the percentage of money invested on particular riders.
The Las Vegas locals and resort visitors have backed Nairo Quintana to win La Grande Boucle. Quintana is currently available at 2/1 odds and is on 18% of the total number tickets and 35% of the total dollars wagered at William Hill’s 106 Nevada Sports Books and on the Mobile Sports app.
William Hill’s 2016 Tour de France future book has 39 + FIELD cyclists to wager on. The current favorite and defending champion, Chris Froome is currently being offered at EVEN money.
Below is a chart showing the top 10 most popularly bet cyclists to win the 2016 Tour De France. Attached is the current sheet of all 39 cyclists + FIELD on William Hill’s cycling wagering menu.
Top 10 Most Popular Cycling Future Bets by total # of tickets to win the 2016 Tour De France:
|2016 TOUR DE FRANCE @WILLIAMHILLUS||% OF TOTAL # OF TICKETS|
|TEJAY VAN GARDEREN||10%|
Top 10 Most Popular Cycling Future Bets by % of total dollars wagered to win 2016 Tour De France:
|2016 TOUR DE FRANCE @WILLIAMHILLUS||% OF TOTAL $’S WAGERED|
|TEJAY VAN GARDEREN||8%|