Alabama at Missouri Predictions and Betting Preview
No team loves Week 1 more than the Alabama Crimson Tide. From WagerTalk handicapper Ralph Michaels: Since 2007, Alabama is 13-0 straight-up and 12-1 against the spread in season openers. The Tide have won those games by an average score of 41-7 and have covered the spread by 8.9 points per game. Can they keep that streak going this weekend against the Missouri Tigers? Tune in as the WagerTalk TV crew offers their Alabama vs. Missouri preview, in addition to other college football predictions for this upcoming weekend.
Stay on top of the latest College Football updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (411) Alabama Crimson Tide -27 at (412) Missouri Tigers (o/u 56)
Date/Time: Saturday, September 26 at 7:00 p.m. EDT
The Tide have been dominant in the win-loss column over the last decade, but not so much at the betting window. Oddsmakers have tacked on an “Alabama tax” to the point spread, and Coach Saban’s squad is just 21-21-1 against the spread in its last 43 games. Now that the 2019 season is in the rear view, Tide fans (and bettors) can gain some solace that quarterback Mac Jones picked up some valuable experience. Instead of entering the 2020 season as an “unknown,” Jones showed what he can do against Michigan and Auburn. Much like his predecessor in Tua Tagovailoa, Jones has a full compliment of weapons with running back Najee Harris and wide receivers DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle.
Had this game been scheduled for later in the season, Missouri may have had a better shot at staying competitive. Former Appalachian State coach Eliah Drinkwitz is entering his first year in Columbia. In addition to some quarantine issues that his team faced, Drinkwitz is installing a new offense with no clear-cut option at quarterback. If this game was scheduled in November, the Tigers may have been a little more in sync. But expectations are pretty low for Week 1 against this Alabama squad.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Alabama is 6-6 against the spread in SEC road games since 2017.
- Alabama has won by at least four touchdowns in their last three games vs. Missouri.
- Missouri finished last season 0-7 against the spread before firing former head coach Barry Odom.
Alabama at Missouri Preview and Pick
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!