Seattle Mariners Preview from Las Vegas
The Seattle Mariners jumped out to a 13-2 record to start the 2019 season, and anyone that bet their win total over was feeling pretty good in April. The Mariners went 55-92 the rest of the way. No bueno. Expectations are low in the Pacific Northwest, but perhaps Seattle can pick up some wins in a less-than-stellar AL West? The Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has the Mariners’ win total at 66.5, and it’s 67 at Caesars.
Stay on top of the latest Major League Baseball updates directly from Las Vegas!
BangTheBook’s Adam Burke joined the WagerTalk TV crew in Las Vegas last week to offer some of his thoughts on the upcoming season. Adam wrote a 250-page preview for the 2020 MLB season with betting thoughts on all 30 teams. Here are some of his highlights on the Mariners:
- The Mariners performed well against the Angels (9-10), A’s (9-10) and Rangers (8-11) last year, but went 1-18 against the Astros. Seattle went 46-35 against teams with losing records, but went 22-59 against teams .500 or better. Only the Detroit Tigers had fewer wins against winning teams.
- The Mariners were 5th in walk rate last season. Their offense got runners on base, but were awful at advancing them.
- Seattle was 28th in FanGraphs’ defensive metric last season, but the players that were largely responsible for that poor defense (Domingo Santana, Omar Narvaez and Tim Beckham) are no longer on the team. They should be a better defensive team this season.
- Mariners GM Jerry DiPoto has completed over 100 trades since he took the job in September 2015. He’s made trades with 25 out of the league’s 30 teams. DiPoto may continue to be active in the market through out the course of the season.
2020 MLB Win Totals – Seattle Mariners
Host Minty Bets chats with SportsMemo handicapper Drew Martin and special guest Adam Burke about the Seattle Mariners’ prospects for the 2020 Major League Baseball season. Check it out!
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!