The Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens enter this important AFC North clash with a tale of two different head coaches. Baltimore’s John Harbaugh was generally applauded for his aggressive tactics against the Kansas City Chiefs. The Ravens went for it on fourth down on four occasions and attempted three two-point conversions. Cleveland’s first-year coach Freddie Kitchens, however, is not getting that same nod of approval.
Stay on top of the latest NFL updates direct from Las Vegas!
Event: (253) Cleveland Browns +7 at (256) Baltimore Ravens (o/u 45.5)
Date/Time: Sunday, September 29 at 1:00 p.m. EDT
With the ball at the Rams’ 40-yard line with nine minutes left to play, Kitchens elected to run a draw play into the heart of the Rams’ defense on 4th-and-9. Needless to say, they did not convert. He had a chance at redemption with under a minute to play. Sitting on first-and-goal with three timeouts, Kitchens never gave Nick Chubb a chance to run the ball in for what could have been the game-tying score. Baker Mayfield threw four-straight incompletions to seal the loss.
When the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook posted their Week 4 look-ahead lines, the Ravens opened -3.5 in this spot. It’s now up to a full touchdown, and a lot of that has to do with the coaching mismatch that we highlighted above. Mayfield is only completing 56.9-percent of his passes so far this season, with five interceptions through three games.
A few trends, courtesy of The Gold Sheet:
- Baltimore is 1-6-1 against the spread in their last eight home games.
- Cleveland is 10-4 against the spread in their last 14 games as an underdog, and covered both games against the Ravens last season.
WagerTalk TV Preview: Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens
(INSERT VIDEO HERE)
Looking for more free sports picks and sports betting tips?
- Latest Betting Odds and Public Action: Vegas lines updated in real time, including who the public is betting on.
- Last Minute Handicapping Advice: Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our sports betting tips video library)
- Want an expert opinion? Check out the latest Free Sports Picks and Best Bets from our team of expert sports handicappers.
Make sure to bookmark all the above!